Welcome to the University College of Arts and Social Sciences


It is here by informed to all the Hostel Boarders of PG & Ph.D., Courses of the Arts College, that the students who wish to close their Mess facility permanently should follow the following guide lines which is a mandatory:
  • Student/Boarder should contact the College Academic (Hostels) Section and obtain the Mess Closure Form (which shows the Dues and the Closure date).
  • Get it approved by the concerned Mess Caretaker, Mess Warden, Vice-Principal & Principal which is a mandatory.
  • Pay the Mess Dues as demanded/billed amount through Demand Draft in favour of the "Principal, UCA&SS" in OU-SBH Arts College Branch only.
  • Submit the DD along with Mess ID Card in the College Academic (Hostels) Section and get it approved the No-Dues Certificate and also get the Clearance Letter from the respective Hostel & Mess Wardens for vacating the Hostel premises.
  • Get your name removed from the attendance register at the concerned Hostel Mess immediately, after closing the Hostel Messes account.
  • Any discrepancies in the Mess-Bill have to be brought to the notice of the concerned Mess Wardens/Vice-Principal (Hostels)/Chief Warden, OU in writing within 15-days after the display of Mess Bill. Thereafter no correspondence will be entertained.
Further, all the Boarders are advised to read and follow the "Rules Governing University Hostel & Messes" for smooth functioning of the hostels (Copy enclosed).