Prof. C. GaneshPrincipal
Prof. Chinta Ganesh has been working as a Faculty Member in the Department of Sociology, Osmania University, Hyderabad for the past 30 years. His area of specialization includes Rural Sociology and Rural Development; Science, Technology and Society; Human Resource Development; and Development Studies. He has published five books in the field of Sociology, i.e.
1. Science, Technology and Rural Social Transformation;
2. Rural Development in the Era of Globalization;
3. Sociology Question Bank for Competitive Examinations;
4. Indian Society - Structure, Issues and Changes; and
5. Social Issues, Policies and Development. He has completed one UGC - Major Research Project on "Human Capital, Quality of Life and Rural Develpoment - A Sociological Study of Telangana Region of Andhra Pradesh" ( Sponsored by UGC, New Delhi). Apart from this he has also completed two Minor Research Projects on "Socio-Economic and Health Conditions of the Beedi Workers in the Telangana Region;" and "Adoption of Agricultural Technology and Social Transformation in Andhra Pradesh."
Prof. C. Ganesh has organized Twelve(12) National Conferences on various themes related to the issues of Development in India, and issues related to Rural, Urban and Tribal Development in India. He has participated and presented papers on various themes in 62 National and International Conferences. He has delivered more than 100 Lectures on various topics across the country in various Universities and Research and Training Institutions like National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD), Andhra Pradesh Police Academy (APPA), Telangana State Police Academy (TSPA), MCR Institute of Human Resource Development and UGC - Academic Staff Colleges etc. He is also
holding the responsibility of Associate Editor for Osmania Journal of Social Sciences, Osmania University. Apart from academic and research activities one of his passion is to train the students for National Level Competitive Examinations, especially Civil Services Examination Conducted by UPSC, New Delhi. So far he has guided and trained hundreds of students for the Civil Service Examination.
Prof. C. Ganesh has held various administrative positions in Osmania University, such as Head, Department of Sociology, Board of Studies in Sociology and Social Work;
Additional Controller of Examinations; Director, Competitive Examinations Coaching Centre; State Coordinator for APSET & TSSET; and Director, B.C. Cell, Osmania University and Director, Prof. G. Ram Reddy Centre for Distance Education, Osmania University.
At Present, Prof. C. Ganesh is holding the Position of Principal, University College of Arts & Social Sciences, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
Prof. C. Ganesh Principal